What’s wrong with the man?
– What are you doing? Don’t you see you are throwing paper into the wrong recycling container? That’s only for cans!
– What are you talking about? The blue one is for cardboard and paper, which is the one I’m throwing my stuff into.
– Let me see… I can’t believe it. I’ve been recycling for more than ten years and I’ve just realised the blue container is not for cans! Sorry for the confusion. Well, this means I’ve been damaging the environment for 10 years. Shame on me
– Don’t be so hard on yourself. It’s a mistake that anyone could make. Make sure you throw things into the right container next time!
Why are they learning about the environment?
– How was your day, honey?
– Very good! We learnt about the environment and the three Rs. It was a good lesson where we did a few group activities in class. I was getting tired of school projects and things like that. Anyway, do you know what the 3 R’s stand for?
– hmm I have no idea. What are they?
– Reduce, reuse and recycle. The teacher told us that it’s very important for all of us to put them into practice so that we can protect the environment and the next generations can live in a better world. The teacher said that in the next class we’ll be learning about how pollution affects animals and plants. It’s going to be an interesting lesson too!
– I see… You’re so lucky to be having fun at school…