Which subject does the boy like best?
I really like the new history teacher – he drew a timeline on the blackboard that really helped me understand the period of history we are studying at the moment. Science classes are much less interesting, but that’s still my favourite subject. I used to like English, but phrasal verbs are driving me crazy this year.
What do both of them agree about?
– I’m thinking about taking an English course online.
– Are you sure? I don’t think it’s a good idea. In-class lessons are more engaging, don’t you think?
– Not really, I think that if you know how to use technology, you can make your lessons much more dynamic and interesting. Also, I can study at my own pace, you know. The course has a lot of videos that I can watch as many times as I like
– That’s true. Video lessons are great. if you’re not sure about something you can jump back to the start and watch it again. However, if I were you, I would choose an English course with regular classes, where you can go to class, say, 3 days a week…
– We’ve been here for 5 years already… same books, same material… it’d be great to start doing something different… it’s the academy’s fifth year and I feel it’s about time we came up with some innovation, but I don’t really know what to do…
– Well, you know, today’s youth are more used to studying online and using audiovisual resources, which is the way to make classes more engaging. I mean… books are alright but you have to admit they have some limitations compared to the internet and educational, interactive platforms…
– Definitely… Education is changing and so are teaching methods…but, how could we apply those new methodologies in the academy?
– That’s precisely what I am working on with two friends of mine from Conexion Films. We’re designing online English courses to make English easy and fun to learn. You know, as teachers, we have no choice but to adapt to new times if we are to keep up with new teaching methodologies and study techniques. That’s why we’ve created a podcast series and tons of videos so that students can make the most of their study time!
– That sounds great! That’s exactly what I was hoping to hear when I came to you for help. So, when should we start?